our magpie

our magpie

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

celebrate....

world down syndrome day. a day to celebrate our sweet magpie and all the other sweet souls out there that also have that magic chromosome :)














today is a day to spread the word that individuals with down syndrome are a blessing, not a burden. how it is something to celebrate, not fear.








i think maggie rae will teach us far more than we will ever teach her. she has already stretched our hearts and our faith more than i knew possible. she has shown us how to see the world through eyes that do not discriminate.


















our sweet girl has blessed our family with her endless kisses, sunshine smile and eyes that are like windows straight to heaven.

maggie rae...we could not possibly love you anymore :)

10 comments:

  1. I can never get over how cute she is! And I love her little dress...Happy World Down syndrome day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to have little Maggie as part of our family. All those families out there with this same connection are sure to know exactly what I mean. I couldn't imagine a better role model for our Sofia to grow up admiring and learning from! We love you, Maggie. xoxo
    Susie, J.R., and Sofia Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have missed your post and pics of Miss Maggie Rae...wow, she is growing up, just like Emily and it's happening so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy every day to you, little lashes. you're sweet as sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have missed those precious pictures of your girls/family!! She has grown so much!! Happy DS day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is precious!! I just found you on Instagram through lissa and just had to stop by and say hi. Although I don't have a child with ds, I do have one with autism so I get just how precious these children are. I love to meet others on similar journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patsy ,I found you through Melissa's blog-Daisymaebelle. God bless you and your precious children. I am Nana to 10 grands and one more on the way. I am your newest follower. Your little girl is just a precious, special gift from God.....but you already know that- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through Daisymaebelle too and am SO GLAD! Your sweet girls could not be cuter. I have a neice with Down syndrome and she is wonderful. God bless you all. Your home is beautiful. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also found you through Daisymaebelle and love your blog. We have a little grand-daughter with DS and she is the light of our lives. Your photos are beautiful. Hope to see more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a younger brother with Downs, and he was/is such a gift :) He was a sweet natured baby, a gentle boy, and grew to be a very gentle grown man. He remains to this day a sweet natured guy, and our family was blessed to have him. Enjoy your darling girl :)

    ReplyDelete

i love reading your sweet words....you don't have to register. just comment as anonymous and then leave your name at the end so i'll know who stopped by :)